Tuesday 22 May 2012

And the girls love me and I shall never grow old and it's this I say

Each Day, A Film: 
Intermission





I know. A long old intermission, right? 


But... It's all done with now, the whole mature student shebang, from soup to nuts. More accurately, it was all done eight days ago, but just because you submit your final assignment it doesn't mean it's finished, right? 


Well, not in my case, considering I went back twice to tweak the final resulting film project (because what was actually submitted was, in the most literal sense of the word, a submission - to deadlines, to completing the course, to graduating (eventually), to the course leader, to... Everything, really. Eight days ago I spent twelve hours trying to burn half an hour of footage onto a DVD. 


Kind of ridiculous. 


And now, I'm having one of those odd times when lyrics from a song completely encapsulate how I'm feeling about my soon-to-be alma mater and a few of the people I met therein; see, it's like this: 


And I'm sorry that you happened to me, 
Sorry that you happened to me
Sorry that you happened to me, 
But
They say one man is the accident 
The other is a hand to stop the blood
And I'm waiting for the other one
For a hand to stop the blood


Melodramatic, no? But accurate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment