Sunday 24 May 2009

Talk is not necessarily cheap

This weekend has yielded some interesting conversations, too.

*

I'll get four pairs of the long socks, please - the 4 for £10?

Certainly. What do you need them for?

Oh, you wouldn't believe me if I told you.

Go on, try me.

Um... Okay. Ninjas.

*pause*

Oh, ninjas, is it? Well, I've got some tutus round the back if that'd help.


*

I still haven't worked out how exactly tutus relate to ninjas. I'm kind of assuming it's a 'oh, you're taking the mickey, I can do that too' sort of a conversation. But, curiously, I wasn't taking the mickey.

See, there were some problems. I needed ninjas - ask yourself, who doesn't at some stage in their life? - and, as I've mentioned before, a fairly integral part of the ninja ethos is the face mask. However, 'ninja mask' tends not to bring up many results on the online auction sites, unless I'm missing something.

Anyway. As is the way, a tip for anyone planning anything involving ninjas; I'm sure I've mentioned this several times, but if you buy anything ninja-related on a popular auction site, then always check to see if there's a size specification first, otherwise, hilarity ensues.

No comments:

Post a Comment